Word (Editable) and PDF (Locked) versions are available for purchase.
Click below to view a sample of the document.
How to use this document:
Reference checking is a crucial part of the recruitment process. During the first interview you will have identified who the applicant reported to in their previous jobs – don’t rely on the contacts listed on the applicants resume.
These people should then be contacted for reference check using this template.
These reference checking questions will assist you in the following:
• Verifying the applicant’s employment details.
• Determining the referee’s perceptions of the applicant’s performance, attributes, attitudes, skills and knowledge.
• Establishing the applicant’s reason for leaving that employment.
• Identifying if the referee would re-employ the applicant and why?
• Understanding if the referee believes the applicant would be suited to the role you’re recruiting for.